Thinking about writing a blog? Well, Blogs are one of the fastest-growing means of mass communication. There are many tips to become a successful blogger!
They are cool and interesting to read, and writing them can be enjoyable, too. Read on MyTrustedTutor.com to know more about blogging.
- Find your focus:
The first task is to know who are your target readers?
What do they want to know about?
What will resonate with them?
For instance, if your readers are aspiring entrepreneurs looking to start their own business, you might want to give them information about their approach to social media from a more casual, personal one to a more business-savvy, networking-focused approach.
2. Start with a topic and working title:
You need to pick a topic for your blog post, before you even write anything. The topic can be based on your need.
For example, if you’re an author, you might start out thinking you want to write about the craft of writing a novel.
Then you might come up with a few different working titles.
Even though your working title may not end up being the final title, it still provides enough information so you can focus your blog post on something more specific.
- Write an intro (and make it interesting): Your introduction needs to be captivating. First need is to grab the reader’s attention. If you lose the reader in the first few paragraphs, they will stop reading. This can be done in a number of ways. You can try telling stories, be empathetic, or try and grip your reader with an interesting fact.
- Organize your content: Sometimes, blog posts can have an overwhelming amount of information. The writer/blogger needs to organize the info in a manner, that the reader is not confused or lost.
The organization can take multiple forms. You can try and use sections, lists, tips, whatever’s most appropriate. So, you could first make an outline of your post.
That way, before you start writing, you know which points you want to cover, and then put them in sequence.
3. Write! The next step is writing! What can obvious thing, isn’t it? Well, yes, now that you have your outline, you can fill in with your content.
Your outline will be your guide. Remember; always write about what you already know. The next step is, research.
You could do additional research to gather more information. If you are thinking how long the post should be, don’t worry! But do not stretch it.
4. Edit your post: Well, the editing process is an important part of blogging. Proofread your post diligently.
5. Images: Choose a visually appealing and relevant image. Visuals are important for the success of your blog content.
The visual appearance matters. Check formatting. Consistency makes your content look professional.
6. Tags: Use tags that are specific, and that will describe your post.
7. Optimize for on-page SEO: After you finish writing, optimize your post for search. If you can make your URL shorter and more keyword-friendly, do it.
8. Page Title and Headers: Most blogging software uses your post title as your page title. Don’t try to fit keywords where they don’t naturally belong. Also, try to keep your headlines short.
9. Respond to blog comments: This is an opportunity to connect directly with the people who are reading your blog. A “Thanks for reading my blog” comment also helps!
10. Post to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media platforms you are present in: Use social media to boost your post. Make sure, if link your blog with social media platforms.
Contributed by: Arundhati Sarkar